Vice Chairwoman: Jugba J. Santi has shown a long-term commitment to public service and progressive politics. She is a proud New Yorker of African-American and Liberian descent. As a native of the Bronx, she has a strong interest in economic development and investment, particularly in communities of color.
She began her career while in undergrad, interning for a New York State Senator. Following graduation, she worked as a Communications Specialist for the New York State Senate Democratic Conference. In 2012, she worked as a Summer Organizing Fellow for President Obama’s re-election campaign in Northwest Philadelphia and has also worked as a Field Organizer for Planned Parenthood Advocates of Wisconsin. She currently works as an Intergovernmental Affairs Analyst for the New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission. She previously served as National Committeewoman of the New York State Young Democrats and as State Legislative Liaison for the Black Caucus of the Young Democrats of America. She is also Co-Chair of the New York State Young Democrats Caucus of Color.
Jugba holds a Master of Science (M.S.) in Urban Policy Analysis and Management with a concentration in Politics and Advocacy from the Milano School of International Affairs, Management and Urban Policy at The New School. She received a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) from the State University of New York at Albany with a double major in Political Science and Africana Studies. She was also a 2017 New Leaders Council Fellow in the New York City Chapter.
As Vice Chairwoman, I plan to:
- Build a vibrant and active coalition amongst all Black Caucuses/Minority Caucuses across the country
- Work with state leadership to increase African-American membership participation at every level and help to recruit, train and encourage more African American female candidates to run for local, state and federal office in states with high African American voting populations
- Collaborate with other willing YDA Caucus leadership to advance more minority candidates for state and federal office
- Further engage members through social media, podcasts and blog posts
- Increase community service activities
- Highlight membership and honor rising African-American political stars throughout the country